You Can't Hurt Me Anymore

"You can't hurt me anymore! I am free! I’m let out of prison! No longer am I going to be controlled by the treatment of some person." If you have ever lived in a life experiencing poor treatment from an individual, then you know what I am talking about. What freedom to finally get to the point where we can set some healthy boundaries and be ok with it. To be able to say, I am not going to allow that person to hurt me any longer. But what if that "person" you are trying to stop being controlled & mistreated by is ourself? What if the very person I am running from is myself! Sometimes in my life, the very person I was being mistreated by...was myself. What does that look like? Believing lies from the enemy of my self worth. Believing that my identity was in my addictions, hurts or past. Or trying to control my own life and live life on my own terms, or abusing my mind and body with unhealthy things. It is then that I feel like a wounded prisoner in my own skin. As a result of this mistreatment of myself, I allowed my family to endure my misery with me. Yes, my abuse toward myself, resulted in a tornado for those closest to me. It is not until I realized that my identity is in Christ & that I need to no longer be controlled by the treatment "of" myself, "to" myself. Today, I am grateful that the Lord helped me to finally face that unhealthy Rodney from my past & surrender to THE Highest Power, Jesus Christ.  It is only then that I was able to become a free man, no longer in prison. Today, I choose to not allow myself to be controlled and/or mistreated, especially by myself. Good news: You don't have to let that unhealthy wounded person inside of you hurt you or steal your joy anymore. That is how the enemy thrives. There is a better way & a healthy child of the King, screaming to come out and live life to its fullest. Only Christ holds the key to make that happen. “The thief comes only to steal & kill & destroy; I have come that they may have life, & have it to the full. -John 10:10” #21Days Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent