Mtn Dew or Sprite, Sir?

Have you ever ordered a mountain dew and the waiter says, " no, but we do have sprite" lol Not. The. Same. Thing. :) Here is a new one for you. I went to football game last week and was thirsty so I went to the concession stand. I asked the lady at the counter, "do you have any diet coke or Pepsi?" Her response, "no, but we do have water..." Cricket, cricket, cricket.... It's funny how we can try to substitute things with other things that don't even one close.  In my life there are things that I try to do the same thing with when it comes to my relationship with Christ. As ridiculous as it is to try to replace Mtn Dew with Sprite, it is even more ridiculous to try and replace Christ with other stuff. The Lord says "seek me, try allowing Me to fill you up and satisfy your soul" And yet, I can become that waiter behind the counter trying to convince myself that "something else" is a nice similar option.  Often in my life I believed that those "things" would make me happy but in the end they just don't taste the same and they never satisfy my thirst. I am praying this morning that my "desires" and "thirsts" will be for Him and not a substitute that doesn't even come close to what I am looking for. Are you thirsty this morning? Have I got something for you. I have tasted and it is good. Drink Him in this morning and your thirst can and will be quenched like nothing else can. "Delight yourself in the Lord & He will give you the desires of your heart. Ps 37:4 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent