I Don't Have Time For This

"I want to change, but...." Early in my marriage I was a struggling and hurting guy still dealing with junk from my past. The effect; pain for my wife and misery for myself.  When facing the idea of change, my question was always, "how long is this going to take?" Fair question? Sure. Wrong question? In my opinion, yes. It is so easy to put timetables and schedules to everything we do. I have learned however, that change may not happen on my time table but God's timing is perfect. Surrendering to His time table is a great starting point. I used to say verbally that I wanted to change but in reality my actions said otherwise. Ralph Waldo Emerson said it well, “What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say."  Maybe the question is not "how long is this going to take" but rather, "How bad does it have to get?" or "Are you ready for peace and freedom in your life? Are you willing to do whatever it takes?" May our actions speak much louder than our words & do a 180 turn from the old toward a better future. “One who trusts in the Lord is secure." Prov 29.25 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent