When Is That Water Break?

Years ago I played football in high school and one of the dreaded things ever was "two a days". We would do these in the heat of the summer before school started back again.  Talk about getting your tail worked off.  That's saying a lot considering I was a pretty scrawny fella with not much tail to start with. :) I can remember how tough it was where I literally felt like I would rather have all my teeth pulled than continue.  And man was I thirsty. I longed for those water breaks like it was liquid heaven in my mouth. Those water breaks were a big part of helping me get thru the next spell of work. Have you ever been in those seasons of life where it feels like the water break is never coming?  It can be disheartening at times can't it? Jeremiah 17:7-8 has become one of my life verses: “But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.  He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought  and never fails to bear fruit." I am learning that even when those seasons come of feeling like there is no fruit, my confidence in Him must remain. My "roots by the stream" are a reminder to stay in His Word, prayer and fellowship with other believers. Those friends help me thru those drought times too. There's an old proverbs that reads,  “One day of rain far surpasses a whole year of drought." I rejoice in those water break days. I am learning to rejoice even in the drought days too. The only way I can do that is by putting all my trust in Him. He promises He will never forsake me and the water break is coming. Keep seeking him and your leaves will remain green thru your drought. Have a great day. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent