Dad, Let's Make Cookies Together

Sometime ago my wife was gone and my daughter decided she wanted to make cookies. So I told her I would help her. There was a momentary pause in Taylor's reaction, but then she went along with my suggestion. Turns out we had all the ingredients except for one thing, flour. "No problem Taylor, we have wheat flour, let's just use that" I told her. Her response, "but dad I don't think that's right."  We proceeded with my plan.... Later the cookies came out of the oven fully baked. I remember this moment as if it were yesterday. I took a bite of our masterpiece cookies and then.....immediately ran to the garbage disposal to spit it out. Talk about disgusting. There is an old proverb that reads, “Taking water from the same well doesn't make all the wives' gravy taste good." I learned that day to appreciate other peoples gifts and to know the limits on my own. My wife and daughter have requested that I not attempt to cook any longer. No sure why....:) This morning I am grateful for those in my life that come along side me. What a blessing to have so many gifted people to serve with that can do what I am incapable of doing. If you are trying to carry some burdens on your own today, please know that you don't have to do it by yourself. It has been said, "When the load fatigues over the head, the shoulder takes over." CR is a place to find help from the heaviness in your life.  Thru CR you will find other people to be your shoulders when you can't do it anymore. I love the body of Christ as displayed in CR.  It is at CR you will meet fellow strugglers in life that are willing to walk you to our Savior. Come see us at CR and we will walk together, clinging to our healing Father. “My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me." Ps 63:8 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent