Not Enough Fish Crackers

As my kids get older I am reminded more and more how powerless I am. Sometimes I wish that all life's problems could be solved with a box of fish crackers and a juicy juice like it would when they were little, but that's just not how life works. I am learning that in life, as I mature and grow, life's problems around me can too.  I am truly powerless over my life. What does that mean? It means that I recognize that I need a power much greater than myself to deal with the craziness in this life. The truth is, if I try to fix it myself, it will just become a tangled mess. I love what author Randy Pausch says, “No matter how bad things are.  You can always make them worse." Man, isn't that so true. When I try to grab life by the horns and "fix" it myself, apart from Christ leading the way, things will just go from bad to worse.  There are not enough fish crackers and juices in the world to deal with all the darkness and problems we face. But, the good news is that God has a unique and special purpose for each of us and if I will just allow Him to lead the way, removing my pride, self will, and false sense of power or control, He can do some amazing things with me.  "A man's pride brings him low, but a man if lowly spirit gains honor." Prov 29:23 Admitting we are powerless takes humility and trust in our Creator. I am thankful today that I don't have to do this on my own. #21Days

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent