The Gift Of My Son, Jason

We almost lost him. My son was almost born at such a premature age that the doctors were extremely concerned that he would not even live if born. He held off a few more weeks & we were blessed with God bringing him into this world as a healthy and active little boy. There was a day that me and my son and daughter would play football in our living room. Yeah, I have a patient wife. :) Anyway, we would line up, Jason and Taylor against me. I would have to get on my knees so that I could match their height. Man, what fun it was as Jason would try running around me, tackling him and falling to the ground.  Such giggles from both of them as they huddled up to make a play to try and beat dad on our narrow and short football field of our house. We laughed so hard during those times and had so much fun. Man where do the years go? I cant even think about tackling him now. He's too big. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without my kids. But a great blessing to be able to laugh and play together with my children, as children of the King. 20 years ago today, the Lord blessed us with our son Jason, giving him breath of life.  It has been said, “The creator of dance should not be excluded from it." So true! The Father has created me, my son and family. What a gift to know that today we get to share new life with each other but most importantly with the Creator that gives us new life every day. The One who gave my son life 20 years ago. I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with a son to run, play, & walk thru struggles in life with and love. Without the Lord, I would not have been given a chance to dance in this life with a young man, called my son. I am blessed to have a son & brother in Christ, Jason Holmstrom to run alongside in life. Happy Birthday son! Thanks for being you!  “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.Prov4.23 #20Years Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent