Liver, With Ketchup...Is Still Liver

I hate Liver! I know some of you like it, and I'm trying real hard right now not to judge you. :) I can remember as a kid coming home from school and smelling a distinct smell. A smell that left me with instant gag reflux. The house would even have a distinct haze from the smoke rising from the slab of this inedible, vile meat. Yes, you guessed it, it was liver night at our household. My mom loved liver and onions and me and my brothers hated it. I would try everything to get it down my pipe line as quickly as possible. Water, extra ketchup and yes, even the dog helped out under the table occasionally. It didn't matter how much I tried to doctor it up, it was still liver and it was bad! In my life there have been times that I have tried to do this with my sin in my life. I know it is wrong but would do everything I could to cover it up.  My hope was that it would make it more attractive and appealing. There is an old proverb that reads, “No matter how long a log stays in the water, it doesn't become a crocodile." So true! I have learned thru CR that I need to call it what it is, sin. Just by ignoring it will not make it go away to become something different or better.  The great news is that by acknowledging it, and calling it what it is, the Lord will not only forgive me but will also guide me thru replacing it for something good and fruitful. Maybe pork steak...mmm steak...sorry, I'm back now. :) "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."James 4:7 Today, submit to Him, acknowledge the stain in your life and the Father can do wonderful things with it and you. Have a great day! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent