That Light Is So Bright!

Years ago, my family and I went to visit some cool caves in North Arkansas. We spent several hours inside these dark caves and had become very adjusted to the lack of light inside the caves. After our visit was over, I remember what it felt like on our eyes walking from the compete darkness into the bright light. Wow! It hurt our eyes so much. It felt like we could hardly move due to lack of visibility. It took a while to get adjusted to the brightness. In life this can be the same type of process. We can get so adjusted to the life we live in the dark. Then, if we decide to take steps out of the cave, it feels like the worst thing we could have ever done. Pastor Rick Warren said it well, “The Truth will set you free, but first it may make you miserable!"  When we bring our junk into the light, at first it can seem like a bad idea.  Remember this though, the light may seem too bright to bear in the beginning but, once you get adjusted to this new way and renewed life, life is so much better.  Someone once said, “Anything I've done that was ultimately worthwhile initially scared me to death." If you are taking steps out of a dark cave in your life, I know it is scary, but don't stray from His plan & don't ever give up. You will come to love this new life. Yes it will hurt at first but hang in there. Greater things are still to come. “I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands."Ps119:10 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent