From Excuses to Action

"Well at least I'm not as bad as he is." Ever thought those thoughts? I not only thought it myself but hear it over and over again from new friends coming into the ministry of CR. The other thing I hear often is "you mean this could take up to a year to walk thru?" It can be scary thinking about making that kind of commitment can't it? But then when I stop and think about how much time I spent on being a dysfunctional mess, a year seems like a drop in a bucket comparatively.  The enemy likes to use both of those thoughts to keep us from moving forward. Keeping my attention on others' issues rather than my own, or becoming consumed with how crazy the process is toward healing in my life.  I love what author Chitoka Webb says in one of her books, “When you’re on a mission you don’t get all bent out of shape about the process."  If my mission is a better life, relationships, peace and hope in my life, why not go all in? Why wouldn't I do whatever it takes to find healing? This new found mission is so much more rewarding and healing than the previous mission of wandering aimlessly thru life searching for something, anything to help me cope with my hurts in life. Some wisdom from the great Yogi Berra, “You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." lol In all seriousness I am learning that whatever becomes my priority will become my life. CR has gone a long way in helping me deal with my junk and in finding a new mission and purpose. What is your priority these days? Is it time to rebuild that mission statement and seek help for the hurt you are carrying? You don't have to go at it alone.  “Great is our Lord & mighty in power; His understanding has no limit." Ps 147:5  Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent