Have You Hit Your Wall?

I have a friend that ran a marathon and he said it was one of the most difficult things he ever did. He said that there is a point in the race where your mind begins to start telling you, "it's time to stop. You can't go on." in marathons I believe they call this the "wall". The great runners are able to push thru that wall and keep running. Thomas Edison once said,  “Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." In recovery (life), we all are in a marathon of our own aren't we? We are faced with our own "wall". When I hit the "walls" in my life that say, "you can't go any further Rodney", it is then that I know I need to push even harder. The difference now though is I know I can't do it alone. If you ask runners about how they get thru that wall, they will tell you training & the people along the sides of the street are a big part of it.  "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."Heb12:1 If there is anything hindering you in your own race, make a choice to throw it off. There are people waiting to cheer you on in the next leg of your race.  So glad for my CR family that does that for me. You don't have to run it alone nor should you. If you hit a wall, don't listen to the lies that say to quit. Keep running friend. Don't give up! Have a great day. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent