Bobbing For Apples: Disgusting

There are some things in life that I question. Like, why was asparagus created? It is a vile weed that smells just as bad as it tastes. Or how about the game "bobbing for apples"? Really? Is this really necessary?  I can still remember as a little kid being so grossed out seeing the multitude of kids before me open their mouth and plunge into the pool of bacteria. "Ok Rodney, your turn..." "Uh...I don't like apples..." No thank you, I think I will pass in this one. Something else that baffles me is how much I listen to the enemy. I mean really, nothing he has to say is productive. "Cmon Rodney, doesn't that apple look juicy lying in that clear water?" Liar! Adam and Eve learned how convincing he can be as well and it didn't turn out too well for them OR us. There is an old proverb that reads, "If you dance with the devil you can't change him but he will change you." I am reminded this morning that if I bob for apples with the deceiver, it never ends well. I am reminded that it is so important to keep myself saturated in His Word daily so that I know the difference between truth and lies.  Staying in healthy relationships, accountability and with Christ helps me to discern between a pool of bacteria and His Living Water.  The enemy can make that "apple" look so good and enticing but for me, let's be honest, it's not worth it getting all the bacteria that comes with it. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."Romans 6:23  I choose Him today. Have a great day! #21Days Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent