Producing vs Bearing fruit

Can I "produce" fruit, or do I "bear" the fruit? Interesting thought for me this morning. I used to believe that once God dealt with my past, cleansed my heart, got me back on track, and living on His path, that it was time for me to take off as a healthy runner for the Kingdom. What I am learning now though, is that I must take off and run for His glory but, that I must run "with" the Father and not solo. Solo running got me into trouble in my past.  Once I get to the point of growth and renewed and sound mind, then it is the time that I get to "bear" the fruit of all the work me and the Father have done together. Notice I didn't say, time for me to "produce" the fruit. CR has taught me that the Father is the one who produces the fruit in my family, ministry... my life. He produces it and then I can bear the fruit He has produced thru our journey together. The only way He can produce fruit in my life is thru a continued self examination, prayer and bible reading with my Savior daily. Each day He will communicate what I need to clean on my side of the street. "You didn't choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won't spoil. As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you. (John 15:16 MSG) Isn't it great that God chooses to produce fruit from a broken vessel & past like ours? Isn't it great that He says, not only will He produce it as our Father, but that He is choosing to bear that fruit thru us & our new vessel He has built?! He has restored our vessel because of our obedience & surrender to Him.  He has given us fruit that will not spoil when we abide in Him.  Thank You God for not wasting the hurts from our past and for using them for Your glory. Have a great Sunday. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent