With Thanksgiving fast upon us, it's a time when there are get-togethers, good food, and lots of reminiscing. Some of that reminiscing is good and some of it bad..some of it may even be mostly bad right now considering what you're going through. It's tough times like that when you may catch yourself having trouble feeling very thankful. Your feelings are valid. Your anger may even be righteous. What is important, though, is that we don't set up camp and get "comfortable" with the negativity that comes with not being thankful.
The enemy would rather have you focus on your hurts and angers rather than focus on anything good ..at all! It's time right now to quiet those voices and invite God to assure you of a few things.
Truths to be thankful for:
- Even in the darkest of times, HE IS THERE
- When all hope seems to be lost, HE IS THERE
- When fear sets in over a diagnosis, HE IS THERE
- When we are tempted by addiction, HE IS THERE
- When you have been treated unfairly, HE IS THERE
- When an elder in the family has dementia, HE IS THERE
- In the darkest times: "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." -Isaiah 42:16
- When all hope seems to be lost: " who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1:3-5
- When fear sets in over a diagnosis: "But I trust in you, ;
I encourage you to reach out... be it through a text, a call, journaling, an email, but most importantly don't forget to have God be your first go-to! Have a GREAT week!
Click HERE to listen to In and Through It All by Fellowship Worship