Don't Look Into The Camera

In the movie Home Run I had a small part, "walking man down the street #78" The director gave me clear instructions, "ok when you get to the corner, you will see the camera to your right pointing at you next to the cop car. Whatever you do, don't look at the camera" I prepared for my big moment, walked with such grace down the street holding a newspaper (that is harder than it sounds) got to the corner and bam! There was that camera staring me in the face. It was as if it was saying "look at me! Look what I can do!"  The director, "and cut! Sir, remember no matter what, don't look at the camera..." (for some reason I didn't make the final edit of the film...:) ) In my life I have learned that the minute I set my mind on "not" doing something, that is when the enemy will try to pull me in that very direction. Paul paints this picture well in Romans 7:15 "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." Today, instead of focusing on what I should "not" do, I choose to focus on the great things I "get to" do. Making the next right choice is much more productive and less draining than keeping my list of "do not's" Freedom is not doing whatever I "want" but rather not being a slave to those things that pull me away from what I "need" to do. I choose freedom and not slavery today. Have a great day! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent