Worship In The Storm

Are you crazy? These people are too happy! Is this for real? Why in the world would I want to sing praises when my life is such a mess? Ever had those sentences in your vocabulary? Of course you have cause you are human.  Often when a newcomer visits with me about CR they will have those thoughts and frustrations. The fact is that worship is such an incredible part of our recovery process. When we worship, we are saying, "thank You for loving me even when I am unlovable, broken and lost in life." "Lord, I dedicate myself to You, believing that You are returning that dedication back to me as Your beloved child." I have said to newcomers, if you need to cry, cry. Laugh, laugh, shout in praise, shout, sit in silent meditation, rest, this is a safe place to do what you need to in worship.  Just make it between you and God and as we praise His name together, in unison, the joy will come. Joy does not always mean looking happy and smiling ear to ear. Joy, is a contentment in knowing He is not only with me in my mess, but is in fact leading me thru my mess. So why wouldn't I praise His almighty Name? Change is coming! Keep praising Him for His faithfulness, love, protection and grace in the storm friend. "God's works are so great, worth a lifetime of study--endless enjoyment! Splendor and beauty mark His craft; His generosity never gives out. His miracles are His memorial, this God of Grace, this God of love." Ps111:2-4(MSG). See you at CR! :) Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent