Accuse and Excuse Mode= No Change

Getting out of the "accuse" mode can be tough huh? "It's your fault that I am the way I am." "If you hadn't hurt me the way you did, I wouldn't be so messed up today." "if I had better parents, "if I was brought up in a Christian home I wouldn't have made so many poor choices" If, if, if...Any of those sound familiar? For me I had my own bag if accuses too. The fact is that as long as I lived in this frame of mind or attitude, life change was never to be.  I used to say, "yeah but you don't know what I grew up with..." accuse, accuse, accuse. Which in turn became,  excuse, excuse, excuse. "Ninety-nine percent of the failures comes from people who have the habit of making excuses." I really thought because of my past hurts I was excused from taking responsibility. Let me be clear, I am not responsible for hurt or abuse done to me. Not guilty! However, CR is teaching me that I am to own my part in how I allow that to affect me moving forward. “Let God's promises shine on your problems."Corrie Ten Boom No matter what has happened to us, we must not sit and wallow in it thru accuses and excuses. That is what the enemy wants us to do.  God has big plans for our life and it starts with us taking responsibility today for how we allow the hurt in our life to affect us. “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."James 4:7. This is where the healing begins. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent