Make The Next Right Choice

What temptation have you been battling? "I've had two pieces already but I want just one more piece of cake. If I could just go back to having a couple at dinner with friends like the old days, life would be grand again. Its just a few pics on a web site, whose it gonna hurt? What's a few dollars from the cash drawer at work going to matter? The company makes lots of money anyway. Man I want to give that person a piece of my mind and really tear into them." If you are breathing, you have battled temptation. One of the most difficult situations to get thru is in those moments where the enemy attempts to woo us into this false life that in his words will "make us so much smarter and feel so much better."  What he fails to let us know is how giving into temptations can make us feel afterward, the extra pounds, hangover, jail, loss or destruction of family and/or even life.  I have made an incredible amount of lousy decisions in my lifetime and without my accountability team, Christ, and steady doses of HIS Word and prayer, I am in a world of hurt. CR has taught me that it is in those moments of temptations, I have a great opportunity to do the right thing. "Just make the next right choice" has become my motto and my sponsees probably get tired of hearing it. However long the night or temptation is, remember, dawn will break eventually. And when it does, you and I will walk away so much stronger for it. Someone once said, "Keep your mind going in the right direction, and your life will catch up with it.” My pastors speaks of grace abuse and says, the question is not, will God forgive you for your mistake, of course He will, that's what grace is. The fear is if I give into that temptation, will I even want his forgiveness any longer. That is a scary thought.  As the song goes," it's a slow fade" into a different lifestyle of destruction. Reach out to your network and Christ "before" you jump into the thorn bush.   "When you are tempted, he will provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." -1Cor 10:13 Make the next right choice friend. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent