Mask: I Don't Need Your Help

"I don't need your help or answers. I have all the answers for everyone else's problems or issues." Ever pulled that mask out of the closet to put on?  Yet another life killing mask of denial the enemy uses to keep us handcuffed to our painful past, making it our miserable present. "I am right and everyone else is wrong" or "others need to learn from me. I have little need to be taught." I too have worn this mask in my life and it can be just as miserable as the other masks we can wear. When we wear this mask we look so perfect in our own eyes on the outside, yet we are screaming on the inside for help. We need help so badly but because we don't see this mask we are wearing, those around us are afraid to tell us we are wearing a mask.  When we wear this mask, we keep people at a distance because those around us are too intimidated to tell us about our mask, let alone that it's cracking.  Thru CR I am learning to surround myself with people who will tell me when the mask is on or cracking. To surround myself with His love asking Him daily if the mask is making its way back into my life. Life is so much better without the mask.  Don't allow the enemy to convince you otherwise. “Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance."Jude 1:2 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent