"Codependency Brings A Snare

"Please don't say your sorry, you have nothing to be sorry about." ...."oh ok, I'm sorry" Aw codependency a tough one huh? I have struggled with  codependency thru the years and it can be an energy zapper when out of control. “If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, I guess you do have a problem." Richard Bach. Sometimes we can get so consumed with worrying about what others think of us can't we? Why? It doesn't work for us does it? When I care more about being "loved" rather than being "loving" or stay consumed with what others think of me, then I know I am in trouble? Gods Word gives us some pretty good direction on codependency in Prov 29:25 "The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that." One version says that fear of man can bring a snare. Codependency is a snare that will only bring us down, but trust in God, yes, then we will be lifted up with life. I am learning thru CR that it is ok to have people that don't like me. Keep praying for them and move on. It is more important to love all His children and then receive the love from those who love in spite of flaws, than to spend all energy on trying to win love from others just because. My relationship and trust with the Father is the only thing that can keep this in balance. One day at a time. Have a great day. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent