Flexing Those Spiritual Muscles

One of the things about working out is the fear of how incredibly soar I will be the next several days afterward. But if you ask anyone who works out and exercises regularly they will tell you "yes, I am soar for a few days but then my muscles get stronger as I stick with it." That principle applies in our recovery too doesn't it? We are working some muscles in our mind and heart that have not been worked in a long time, if ever. The more I stick with it, the stronger I get in my faith and walk. CR teaches me that Christ has a plan for my life and though it will be painful for a while, the fruit from a changed mind and heart are so worth it. Just ask my wife. :)  I must never give up on what God has called me to do. I know from personal experience that the end result is so worth the pain. I love the old Greek Proverb, "A heart that loves is always young." Staying in my junk robs me of not only His love but also the ability to love well. Christ uses CR to start the journey of working on my past, so I can enjoy His plan for my life.  Grateful this morning to not have that old hard heart and mind. "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Rom 12:1 God loves to flex those spiritual muscles thru us. It works if I work it and it won't if I don't. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent