It's Ok To Take Off The Mask

Which mask have you worn? There's the "I have it all together", "I don't ever struggle with life", "Me and my wife never argue", "I am the perfect dad", "I rarely make mistakes", "I don't judge others", and on and on. I used to wear masks in fear&worry of anyone seeing me as less than a perfect person. Why? Lie: "Cause no one could possible love 'me', if they knew who I really am." The trouble with masks is they give a false perception of who we are as a person. Then people begin loving "the mask" & not me. My heart never feels the love, cause they love the 'make believe' mask. If I am unable to 'receive' love, then I cannot 'give' it. It's been said, "The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be."  I am so grateful the Lord has CR to learn how to take off the mask so we experience His love and others. CR has taught me that it is ok to admit my shortcomings. I have found that it not only helps me, but it makes me more touchable and human to those struggling. God created u special and beautiful. He wouldn't have sent His Son if u were perfect. Whatever mask you are wearing today, don't worry about it friend, it is ok to take it off. Those u come into contact are just as imperfect as you are. :) “Get rid of your of worries. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."1Peter 5:7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent