I Hate Long Car Rides

One of the things I am not real good about on traveling vacation trips is the driving in a car part. I just want to be there already. Perhaps I am ADD but sometimes I don't enjoy the ride. I am usually looking ahead to what we will do once we arrive. But you know what, when we look back on our entire vacation, guess what always comes up as part of the good memories? You guess it, the time in the car, laughs and stories. It is a part of the blessing for us as a family. Someone once said, "People see God every day, they just don't recognize him." This is true for so many and has been for me too. I know I am guilty of going full speed ahead on stuff sometimes and can forget to stop and experience what Christ is doing. I am learning, (slowly) that part of the blessing is walking with Him on the journey. It's not just about getting to my final destination. One day we will all celebrate in glorification, fully healed, in heaven, but today He has me on a journey to that promised land. Today I want to enjoy the bonding time with Him as we take this trip together as family. The cool thing is that we have not only Him, but also forever family along for the ride. Take some time today to experience Him and the people He has in the car with you, in whatever you are doing. Let's make a commitment today to keep our eyes open to recognize Him when He is with us and enjoy His company. He loves road trips with His kids. “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."Ps118.24 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent