I Can't Want This More Than You

"Please take this life preserver friend, you are drowning." Have you ever had a situation where the person you are wanting to help just isn't ready?  I can remember when I was living in Phoenix AZ by myself as a young teenager and a youth pastor from a local church came by to see me. He said that he knew I was hurting & not-living in good conditions, nor a very healthy life. He offered to allow me to come live with he and his wife.  What a generous offer from some incredible people. But, I turned him down as I was just not ready for change. Someone once said "If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.” I had plenty of excuses for why I should stay in my misery. I had to feel the heat of pain more than my fear of change before I would do anything to change.  Today, when I am on the other end of this scenario, it is heartbreaking when people we love and care about reject the help we want to give. However, God has given me a peace to know that I cannot want their recovery more than they do. All I can do is say I am praying for you and that I am here when they are ready. When the pain gets hot enough to take action, maybe they will give me a call. I just pray and hope the damage to themselves and those around them is minimal.  It is heartbreaking to see people stubbornly reject the people and help the Lord sends them. But, I was there once, and I am grateful I finally woke up and saw the better life the Lord had planned for me. I pray that our lost brothers and sisters will say, "it's time to rise above those negative circumstances in my past and believe what God says about me. I am blessed, favored, & loved by a Father with an amazing purpose awaiting me”  If you are hurting, take action. “And nothing will be impossible for you.Matt 17.20 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent