I Am Redeemed

"Seems like all I could see was the struggle. Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past....wondering how long is this gonna last" Big Daddy Weave Last night at CR I had the privilege of singing these lyrics from the song "Redeemed".  As I was learning and practicing it during the week, I was taken back at how much this is my testimony. I too was once bound in shackles of all my failures that kept me running from true change. There is an old proverb that reads, “You can out-distance that which is running after you, but not what is running inside you." Wow! For so long I was running from pain, abuse done to me, & poor choices I made that hurt others. I was living in a pool of shame and regret. But God so graciously lifted my head to say "Child, I am not done with you yet".  Today He is saying the same thing and now I have a Higher Power to turn to for growth from life's struggles.  Thru CR I know now more than ever that I don't have to make my pain worse by trying to fix it on my own. I am grateful for a new name and a new life in Him. "You took my side, Master; you brought me back alive!" Lamentations 3:58. In other words, I am redeemed! If you are running from pain as I once did, there is a better way. Turn around and run into the Fathers arms. He is waiting for you. Have a blessed day friend. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent