Sarcasm:The Tearing Of The Flesh

"A man who correctly guesses a woman's age may be smart, but he's not very bright."-Lucille Ball. Lol Ever been in those situations where you say something and as soon as it leaves your mouth, you wish you could take it back. Sarcasm is one of those for me. I grew up with sarcasm being a normal part of our home. It was the bullet in our guns that was needed to stay alive in the every day battle. Man, could I keep up with the best of them. It seemed as long as my sarcasm was followed by a "I'm just kidding." then it must be ok...right? I am learning especially thru CR that sarcasm is a lethal weapon that leaves some pretty severe wounds. Sarcasm defined actually means, the tearing of the flesh. Ouch!  I am learning, (stubbornly) that the good feeling of getting my jab in verbally is only temporary and seeing the affect of my words leaves me feeling terrible. I am learning that it is much more rewarding to hold my tongue in self control.  There is the old saying, “Once you pour the water out of the bucket it's hard to get it back in it."  CR is teaching me that my words can be a weapon for the Kingdom and building people up in encouragement is so much more fulfilling. "A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything—or destroy it!"James 3:5 MSG. Who will you speak words of encouragement to today? Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent