Modern Day Miracles

Every once in a while we are given a gift of witnessing miracles. Last night I was given this gift. A dear brother in Christ called me and asked me to come to his CR graduation service. Let's just say, I was blessed in huge ways from what I witnessed. With his permission allow me to share. A year ago this man walked into my office, broken, at his wits end, with his heart full of despair. He was full of anger & coping with a host of substances and other unhealthy things destroying his mind and hardening his heart. He was ready to abandon ship on his wife & family.  By the grace of God, thru surrender, he agreed to get into CR and in fact finished a step study.  Last night I saw a completely different man. A man experiencing life change, now 11 months sober. Last night he picked up his 12 step coin and with a quietness in the room, I witnessed this broken man, with tears in his eyes expressing his love to his wife sitting 10 feet away. You could hear a pin drop in the room. Wow! Things have changed since that first day I met him.   I was humbled to hear him talk about his kids that are now running thru the house with joy, talking about God. There is a new atmosphere in this new born spiritual leader's home.  Joy has been inserted back in their home and restoration in his marriage. He then quoted the following passage changing "you" to "I", from Gen 4:7 "If I do what is right, will not I be accepted? But if I do not do what is right, sin is crouching at my door; it desires to have me, but I must master it."  Today, he is making right choices & a new leader is born. Today, I am reminded yet again, He makes all things new, turns ashes into beauty, turns men into dads and husbands, a taker into a giver. He turns boys into men of God.  Today he is talking about giving back as a soon to be CR leader.  Thanks for giving me permission to share part of your story my brother. You know who you are. God bless you in this new chapter of your life.  Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent