To Trust Again

"I am afraid to trust again". Ever said or thought that before? Yeah, I have too. I used to be stuck in fear believing that it was better to not allow people into my life cause they might hurt me. That's exactly where the enemy wants to keep me. The truth is though, the reward and benefits of having people in my life to feel love and experience life with, far out weigh the risk of them letting me down. The difference now is that I have to put my trust in God first and completely. Then as that relationship builds, I have learned that I can trust Him with the people He puts in my life. An old chinese proverb reads. "You cannot refuse to eat just because there is a chance of being choked." Fellowship with other believers is like food for our soul. I have learned thru CR that people will let me down, that's just the way life is. The difference now is that my happiness is not based on what others think or do to me; but rather in what my relationship with God is. Christ uses these people to sharpen me as I sharpen them. Today, I am hopeful that you will take that step to allow a new brother and sister into your life. CR is an incredible place to start that process. True recovery comes in the context of community. Don't let the enemy keep filling your head with lies that lead to fear and isolation. There is a huge forever family waiting to welcome you to a better path. That path starts with Jesus Christ. Let's punch that fear right between the eyes together. “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear."1John 4:18. Share with me how your new, God given relationships have blessed you. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent