But, The Front Yard Looks Great...

I am not hurting anyone, so what's the big deal? Have you ever lived in the world of denial bliss? Boy I sure have! Recently when I let my dogs in from the back yard, they came in wet and dirty all the way up to their belly, tracking mud everywhere. I thought, what in the world have they been into?! Then I realized, I had been putting off mowing my back yard. I hadn't even been back there to look at it in a while. I guess I just believed in my mind, "it can't be that bad." After all, who would ever know? We have a fenced in backyard. The truth is, it was so bad I couldn't even use the mower at first. I had to weed eat it down first. I had to work 3times harder because of my denial and putting it off. My choice to not do what I needed to do, live in denial that it wasn't that bad, and let the problem grow, left others feeling the bad results.  In recovery, when I make the choice to NOT do what I need to do, it not only makes life hard on me and harder to clean up, but it effects my family and friends close to me. I have to do more than focus on the front yard, keeping it pretty for the world to see. I have to take care of the things only me and the Father see cause it will eventually cause damage to myself and others.  My unwillingness to do what I know I must do, leaves them in a mess tracking mud all over their life. CR has taught me to take care of my side of the street daily so it doesn't turn into a sea of weeds in my life. It feels so much better too. “He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses & forsakes them will have mercy."Prov 28:13 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent