The Enemy Doesn't Take Days Off

Last night at halftime of the football game a reporter interviewed the Notre Dame coach asking him, "coach, your team is down by a bunch, what is your strategy coming into the second half?" His response in a joking way, "well, I guess we can hope Alabama doesn't come out in the second half." I was thinking this morning how too often that seems to be our strategy with life. When I make a choice to go out into my day without having put on the full armor of God, I am basically taking the strategy, "well, I guess I can just hope the enemy doesn't come out today." As nice as that would be, the enemy just doesn't take a days off does he? I have to be ready as he is constantly battling. God is more powerful and if I will go into battle with my armor on, then the a father will guide, protect, & steer my mind, body and soul. "My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me." Ps 63:8 Principle 7: "Reserve a daily time with God for self examination, Bible readings and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will" Today, lets not just 'hope the enemy doesn't show up', let's be prepared and invite God into our daily battles so we can 'gain' His power to follow His will against the enemy. Have a great day! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent