Is There A Front Moving In?

A 'front' by its very definition can "cause the weather to change dramatically because it occurs along the boundary between two air masses with different densities and temperatures." I was thinking about how my past false 'fronts' I put up around people did much of the same in my life. I could be whatever you wanted me to be as long as it made you and others happy. When I would try to be all things to all people, we call this people pleasing, it would cause nothing but storms in my life. In my own mind, I was the one trying to hold everything together to keep the family at peace even though it was never specifically asked of me to do so. Much like thunderstorms in the weather, my unhealthy 'fronts' and broken boundaries were all about making others happy at the expense of myself. This would cause my outlook on life to change dramatically leaving me hopeless and unsatisfied with who I was. I have learned especially thru CR that it is ok that I don't make everyone happy and in fact impossible. I am learning that when Christ said "love others as yourself", He didn't mean at the 'expense' of myself. "It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the Lord , you are safe." Proverbs 29:25 GNB As a result of this transformation in my thinking, God is slowly calming the self initiated storms in my life. I am grateful to Christ and the lessons He is teaching me thru CR. If He can teach this old messed up dude, He can teach you too. Have a blessed day my friend! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent