What Is The Prize To You?

So what is that 'prize' you are looking for? It's funny how, as we grow, our desires and perception of what is important changes too. It can go from, "I want to be rich, have all the nice clothes, biggest house, have everyone love me, etc" To now, "I am blessed to have a Father who loves me, a home, clothes on my back, a job, incredible real friends, and a family that calls me husband and dad." I love the quote, "Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you." Rob Gilbert My past hurts did just that. they were conquering my mind and robbing me from seeing His blessing already all around me. I am so glad that the Father has given us Celebrate Recovery to help us deal with our past hurts, hang-ups, that can lead to bad habits? You see, as I began dealing with my junk, my thinking changed and I am much more grateful for what I have today vs. focusing on what I didn't have before. "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you." Philippians 3:14-15 Keep pressing toward the goal friend. Change is possible! What are you grateful for today? Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent