Discouragement

Feeling discouraged today? Being the oldest brother of four son's, I had the distinct privilege and honor of being the one to pick on my younger brothers. It used to be my responsibility to wake my brothers up each morning and get them ready for school. I remember one 'evening' setting the clocks up and waking them up to get ready for school. They ate, took a shower, got dressed and waited by the front door for the bus to arrive. Then the final reveal, "guys, it's still night time. Go back to bed." Talk about discouraged....(don't you judge me) lol It's Monday, are you feeling discouraged? For some of us, it doesn't matter what day or time it is, we still feel this discouragement. We don't need a big brother to make us feel this way. Discouragement is so tough sometimes isn't it? It can leave us feeling sad, disheartened and even hopeless at times. I know there have been times where things were not going the way I thought they would. Maybe I made mistakes, got hurt, or have been let down by a boss, coworker, friend or loved one. This would sometimes affect my self confidence & overall hope as discouragement grew inside my heart. Sometimes, depending on what it was, I would even lose some confidence in God. Now, that is discouragement huh? What I have learned, and still need brothers to remind me about and hold me accountable to, is that when I start feeling discouraged, I need to make sure I am keeping things in perspective. Also, what can I write down in my journal that I am thankful for? "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Gal 6:9 Remember, God is a Father of second chances and in fact He will never give up on you. Don't be discouraged my friend. God will guide you in the right path. Just keep seeking Him and He will show you what needs to be done to bring about life change and bring you out of today's discouragement. Keep your eyes up and on Him today. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

  1. He's the father of second, third, forth.....chances. His Grace cannot be described

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent