Still Running Into Walls?

Have you ever seen the show 'Dumbest Criminals' on tv? Some pretty humorous stuff on there. The ones I find most interesting is when the criminal tries to put a disguise on that doesn't even come close to really hiding himself. Sometimes a paper bag where the holes aren't cut out properly and he starts running into cabinets & walls. The funny thing is, he is so determined to keep going as he is that he never takes the bag off his head. No matter how many walls he runs into. Ouch! Makes me think about my life and the many masks I attempted to wear to disguise myself and my pain. I was the one looking silly, running into more walls in my life that only brought more pain. I just thank God there is not a video for the world to watch me in those painful denial soaked days. The thing of it is, when we wear those masks, people around us know we are but we convince ourself otherwise. While wearing my mask, I had to finally ask myself the question, "how many walls do you have to run into before you take the mask off Rodney?" Someone wise once said, “What is not started today is never finished tomorrow." I can't promise that the process will only take a day, but I can promise you that you will feel much better about yourself and your life if you 'start' today. This may take time, but in the end you will be so glad you made the choice to take off the mask. For me this is a daily check and balance to make sure the mask has not reappeared. Maybe it's time to stop running into walls. Don't allow the fear of tomorrow's unknown changes keep you running into walls with today's mask. Have a great 'mask free' day friend. Rodney Holmstrom #CelebrateRecovery2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent