La, La, La, I Can't Hear You

Have you ever had these thoughts? "I am having trouble feeling anymore" "I have no energy left" "I feel like I am at a stand still and not growing." "I find myself pulling away from healthy relationships" "I seem to be hiding from God" and "It just seems like the pain won't go away" All of these are statements I have made while sitting in my denial. I remember when I was a kid and didn't want to hear or face something, I would put my fingers in my ears and make noises to drown out the truth. "La, la, la, la, I can't hear you...." I wish I could say things changed as I grew into an adult but it was the same picture. I may not have put my fingers in my ears, but my actions showed the same little kid yelling out in my denial to the Father and those close to me, "la, la, la, la, I can't hear you! I don't have a problem!!" I am grateful today that because I have been able to face my denial, I can now feel again, I have more energy to put toward the right things, I am growing now more than ever, I am allowing people into my life, especially a relationship with God, and the pain from my past is going away. Because of Christ's restoration, I am now singing new lyrics in a new song. "O praise Him O praise him He is Holy He is Holy Oh la, la, la, la, la, la" (D. Crowder) “For you shall go out in joy, and be led back in peace."Isaiah 55:12 How has facing your denial helped lead you back in peace and joy in your life? Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent