For Me or For Him?

I was watching a little bit of the show Duck Dynasty last night. One of the guys in the show, Willie, was trying to get his air conditioner fixed in the middle of a hot Louisiana. The frustration was that his repair man, known as mountain man, was pretty high maintenance, and was moving very slow in getting this fixed. Then, Willie, in the middle of this frustration says, "believe it or not, Mountain man is the best air conditioning man within 100 miles... He's also the ONLY air conditioning man within 100 miles..." Lol I was thinking about how it is easy in life to develop a mentality that "I am the only one within 100 miles that can do what I can do." Have you ever gotten prideful and thought, "they would be so messed up if I stopped doing _________!" The truth is, most of what I do can be done by anyone. God will get done what He needs done without me. (The exceptions? Husband & dad) Kind of humbling huh? The gift though, is that He chooses to allow me to be a part of His divine plan. The minute I start thinking I am the only one and the best one, then I have lost focus and my motives have now gone sour. Nothing worse than being under leadership that believes that they are Gods gift to you. :) If I didn't do what God has called me to do, I would be the one missing out on being blessed. When I serve with the right motives, I then see clearly that the ones I serve are God's gift to me. So, if I start developing a little pride and getting a little full of myself, I have to remind myself that He allows me to be a part of HIS plan. It really isn't about ME. "For you formed my inward parts; You covered my in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works." Ps 139:13-14 What a privilege to "get to" praise our Father as we follow His works by pointing others to freedom, love others as Christ loved, and wash the feet of His children. Where are you serving friend? Are your motives still correct? Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent