Still Crucifying Yourself?

Ever tried running thru wet mud? I have and no matter how hard I try, I just can't keep a strong momentum. There are times in my life that out of nowhere I hit that mud. Where does some of that mud come from? It can sometimes come from dwelling on my failures from my past or even fears of the future. Someone once said, "Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves--regret for the past and fear of the future." I am learning thru CR that those two things can be linked together. When I dwell on the past, it then becomes my future. If I don't like what happened in the past and crucify myself for past mistakes, then I certainly won't feel real confident about the future. You may be finding yourself losing momentum because you are running thru the mud of your past and fear of the future. "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3 The only way I can let go of the past and not make that ugly past my future, is by keeping my mind on the Father. Christ was crucified so that we wouldn't have to take those past mistakes and fears on ourselves. Let's trust Him to help us let go of our past hurts, today, in the present. Then, let's believe that if He can take care of yesterday, He most certainly can take care of today & tomorrow. Keep that momentum moving forward! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent