Think Soberly

"Think soberly". As I think about that statement from Paul in Romans 12:3, I am reminded that this is the way I am to evaluate myself. There have been times in my life that I haven't done this with honesty and fairness. Have you ever been told something for so long in your life that it began to become your identity? As a kid, my step father would tell me I was stupid and that I was an idiot. These long periods of lies & negative feedback given to me had a huge effect on my life. I really began believing those things. The result? Low self esteem, a warped view of who I am, not being able to trust others, depression and more. What I have learned especially thru CR is that my value is not based on what others think of me but rather on God's love and purpose for me as His child. My value is on the huge price He paid to redeem me for eternity! I love what Archibald Hart once wrote, "God has each person's life in His hand; He created each person for a purpose. Every believer should stand tall with high self esteem by understanding who he or she is in Christ." God is teaching me that I have to see my value thru Him and what He did on the cross for me. To change my stinkin' thinkin' to right thinking, and trust Him thru this process. It took years of believing lies to create the low self esteem and it will take some time to reprogram my mind to his truth of who really I am. I am no where near where I used to be in my low self esteem and I thank God for that. I still have some growing to do too, and yes, I thank God for that too. "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered."Matt10:29-30 We are loved by the King! He has a special purpose for you. God has big plans for you and I and with His help and guidance, amazing things are possible! Let's receive that true identity today. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent