Hanging Out On "Base"

A couple weeks ago I was playing with one of my friend's son. His son would come and poke me and then run to a table he called "base". Each time he would arrive at this safe place he would yell out "Base!" He knew I couldn't touch him when he was on base. As Christians we have a safe place to run to in times of trouble when we are being chased too, don't we? "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalms 46:1 The issue I am convicted of this morning is that there are times I wait to run to that 'base' only 'after' I am faced with opposition. It is easy for me to view Him as my Savior and Rescuer cause I can speak of many things He has pulled me out of. But, if I only view Him as my Savior and end it there, my reverence for Him will fade. He is also Lord of Lords and King of Kings who desires to have a relationship and interaction with me daily. He wants me to hang out at my resting place, my base, that is my Rock, that is Jesus Christ. I have found that if I do this consistently, it is much easier to find 'base' when the enemy comes hunting. Because there is an enemy that never 'rests', I must always 'rest' in the arms of the Almighty Father. Have a great Monday! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent