The Wind Moves The Trees

How was your week? Have you been overwhelmed with that "one thing" that is keeping you up at night or feeling alone in trying to face it? Maybe you are doing what I have from time to time and that is think you are supposed to take care of this problem by yourself and it just isn't working. Very exhausting isn't it? Have you ever been in a forest and just stopped and listened? There is something incredibly powerful in hearing the trees move back and forth. It's almost as if they are dancing in unison as the wind guides them. There is an old proverb that reads: "A tree does not move unless there is wind." Just like those trees in the forest, I realize that I cannot move forward with life without my dependence on the wind in my life. That wind is the Holy Spirit. Sometimes my own need for control in crisis is what quenches the Spirit from guiding me in my life. I am realizing that when I let go of the reigns in my struggles and say, "Lord, even this is Yours, so please take it from me" then the pressure to do it by myself subsides. I am learning that my trust in Him and dependence on the Holy Spirit to guide me and move me thru good and bad times, not only focuses my faith but also deepens my commitment to the process. Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1Peter 5:6-7 Hang in there friend. He has a plan for you in this struggle. Today, let's sit still, trust Him, and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us as we "delight in His presence" Ps 37:3 Let's dance in unison as the Spirit guides us. Have a great Saturday! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent