You Make Me Better

Look around you; Who is standing around you? There is a temptation to want to put people around us that are weaker than we are so that we "look better". Right? If they are incapable of handling situations and "need" me to take care of stuff; that makes me more valuable doesn't it? Actually, no, it makes me less valuable.   I am learning thru lots of mistakes and growing that it is so much better to surround myself with people who are much much better than I am. When I do this it sharpens me and makes all of us better.  People want to be a part of something healthy and growing. The only way my personal ministry can grow healthy is thru searching for better people than I am to stand in the gaps. Someone once said, "A real Superman is not afraid to stand next to a Superwoman" I am no superman but, there is truth to this statement. Do I get intimidated in having super people around me that will challenge my thinking, leadership and skill sets? May this never be so.  “In nature we see where God has been.  In our fellow man, we see where He is still at work."-Robert Brault God is still at at work in me and I am am grateful to stand alongside men and women that run with me in this marathon.  I was so proud to see such amazing strong leaders surrounding me at our Friday CR meeting, Saturday CR leaders meeting and then in my visit to another CR in Fayetteville last night. God has blessed me with incredibly strong leaders on a regional level with 31 amazing state reps serving our churches state wide as well. Everyone of them make me better!  I want to say thank You God for blessing me with great people to rub shoulders with in our daily battle to lead hurting people to Christ these past 9 years at CR Fellowship. I am blessed with leaders that challenge, inspire and make me a better man.  “In your relationships with one another, have the same attitude of mind Christ Jesus had"Phil 2:5”  If you are reading this, thanks for being one of those people in my life. Have a great day friend. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent