You Are To Be Thanked

"Please allow me to buy you lunch." This past week a dear brother in our ministry made that statement to me. He said it was pastor appreciation month and he wanted to just say thanks for serving. Wow! That was so kind of him to do this. I was truly humbled cause he was the one to be thanked as one of our volunteers. That afternoon, I began thinking about all our volunteers. As a leader, there is absolutely no way possible for me to do what I do if we don't have volunteers. Our volunteers selflessly come week in and week out to give of their hearts and souls, let alone their time, to help the hurting. There is an old saying, “If you love other people's children, you will love your own even more."  When I think about all our volunteers, I think of people who pour love into other hurting people like they are their own. They truly view the people they serve as their own family. We call them forever family. You all are pastors in ministry and I am honored to serve alongside you. So, in all honesty, it is I that should be buying all the lunches. Now, if I could just find my darn wallet...:) In all seriousness, if you volunteer or have ever volunteered in any way, please let me say thank YOU.  Happy pastors appreciation month brothers and sisters. You do an amazing job loving on others and it is an honor to be just one of millions in the trenches.  You make this messed up guy look so much better than I am actually am. Thank YOU for making me a better man with your incredible love for the Lord and each other! “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, & the love of God, & the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." 2Cor 13:14 P.S. I am thankful for our pastors & elders here in our church that YES to CR. If you get a chance, drop them a note to say thank you. #21Days Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent