This Tastes Good!

What a feast! This tastes great but, why am I still hungry? I used to be a professional "message listener." I could listen with the best of them. I was the one sitting in church listening to some of the greatest sermons from some of the greatest men you will ever meet. I would walk out of the doors feeling great, "what a great message pastor." So why wasn't I changing? I wasn't digesting what I had just chewed on. You see, I really enjoyed chewing on wisdom but the actual digesting part was another story. Imagine if I only chewed the food that I put in my mouth but never swallowed it? My muscles would begin to weaken, my bones would become brittle, and my body would slowly fade away from the lack of nutrients.  "Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like".James1:23-24 CR has taught me to not just chew my spiritual food but also digest it. Asking the question everyday, Lord, what does your Word mean for me today? How is this going to change me for the better?  Health only comes from my willingness to not just walk thru His river of wisdom but to be willing to bend down and drink of it.  "But the man who looks intently...not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it–he will be blessed in what he does".Ja1:25 Someone once said, "Age is no guarantee of maturity." So true, and the only way I can grow in maturity in my faith is to chew on His wisdom(listen) and then digest it into my heart (apply to my life). What a glorious feast we have before us huh?  Have a great day! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent