I Got Stung!

I got stung! When I was a little boy I was playing in our backyard that had a bunch of trees. I ran across a tree that was down and decided to see if I could walk across it keeping my balance. Well, I didn't make it and my foot slipped causing me to fall down right next to the downed tree. The bad part about it was that hidden away in the brush next to the tree was a large nest of sleeping bees. Let's just say they weren't sleeping for long after I stuck my foot in their face. Mom counted my stings and found that I was stung 15 times. Ouch! To this day, I am very "aware" of bees when they come around. :) This doesn't mean I will never go into wooded areas again though. Someone once said, “When you go in search of honey you must expect to be stung by bees." There have been times in my life that I have been crippled with fear and as a result stayed frozen in my muck. "what if I get stung?" When I choose to live for Christ, the enemy will not and does not like it and will put up a fight. But our God is stronger. I am learning that yes, there is an enemy that doesn't want me to taste the honey that the Lord has provided, but I must keeping taking steps toward the Father. When I stick my foot in the face of the enemy, yes, he gets upset and the stings will come, but it is so worth it in the end. Today, with the Lord's help, let's kick the enemy between the eyes with great  courage. I have a craving for some sweet honey.  “We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."Rom 8:28 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent