Are You Sure You Want To Delete?

"Are you sure you want to permanently delete?" Yesterday I looked at my email "deleted" and "sent" files and boy was it full. I mean in the 1000's of emails from many, many weeks ago sitting there that needed to be permanently deleted. One of my concerns about deleting these old emails is it seems like as soon as I do this I end up needing one or two to refer back to. And if I delete it for good then I am in trouble. The problem though is that if I don't clean these files out periodically, it can cause not just my system to run slow but can affect the entire organization.   Even yesterday when I selected the messages and hit delete, I had this "what if" thought go thru my mind again when the message read, "Are you sure you want to permanently delete?" How often do take have this same approach with my life? Do I have some things in my life that I am afraid to delete cause "I may need to go back to it later when things get tough?" Isn't that just the way the enemy works? He is constantly feeding us with the lie that says, "don't let go of that yet! What if something happens and you need it to feel better later?" Those "things" didn't do the trick before and they won't now. In fact, they only made things worse bringing shame, guilt, discouragement, destruction to myself, family, friends and an overall hopelessness.  When I don't purge those old habits, things, actions, memories from my past as I work thru them, then it not only affects how I run in this life but also affects those around me. “Being created in His image is an awesome gift, as well as a sacred responsibility." Bryant Wright. Thru CR, I have learned that it is my responsibility to do a daily delete in my life. If I mess up in the way I interact with someone, think a certain way about myself or just say or do something stupid, delete it, repent, and move on.  I must examine my past, learn from it to get stronger for my future and then be willing to hit that delete button.  Forget about the enemies lies about "what if". God will help you thru with new healthy ways to deal with daily struggles. “O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me."Psalm 30:2 Are you sure you want to permanently to delete this? Yes! Yes! Yes! Have a great day friend! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent