I Am A Perfectionist

I am a perfectionist, but getting better. One way this character defect has bogged me down thru the years is making sure everything is always perfect. I allowed very little room for mistakes to happen without beating myself up. That can be exhausting.  But one of the other ways the enemy can use this defect is to keep me frozen. If I don't take that step, well then I can't possibly fail, right? That's the lie the enemy can feed me and truth be told, not doing something because of fear of failure can be the real failure. I am not as smart as some or have the best skill sets but I am learning that this is ok. That is the beauty of the body of Christ. God gives each of us a special purposes. Someone once said, “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.” I am so grateful this morning that He is not looking for skillful and perfect people to do His work. He is looking for available people that have teachable hearts.  I am learning that failure is a part of my development. It is ok to make mistakes. My identity is not in what I do but in who I am. Sometimes the things I try will be the titanic sinking and others the ark. :) Either way, it will be ok. The biggest mistake I can make is not trying at all. Yes, I still struggle with this from time to time but I am growing and learning to allow the Father to remove this defect and replace it with his great truth. “I came that you may have and enjoy life and have it in abundance, until it overflows."John 10:10 I am learning that enjoying life in abundance does not happen cause "I" make everything perfect around me. Only thru my dependence on Him can I experience true happiness, mistakes and all. Have a great day! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent