I Am Powerless

"That's just an excuse for you!" I remember one time having a conversation with a parole officer about these three words in step one, "we were 'powerless'." They had the wrong understanding of what it meant to say them. What it is NOT saying is that I can't help myself, I'm just going to keep on doing what I do and I have no control over stopping. No that would be me saying I am in charge and will keep playing God in my life. This is saying there is no power in the blood to overcome anything.  What those three words are really saying is that apart from Christ, living in the flesh, I can do nothing. But, by admitting my weakness and surrendering with full dependence, everything to the Father, there is great strength & hope.  Why? Because He is now in control of my life and has the power I don't have to help me overcome. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. (Romans 7:18) In my sinful nature I can do nothing. In Christ, I can do all things. This is why step one is so critical and is at the beginning of the process. Until I admit that I need God in my life on a daily moment by moment basis, and then seek Him in the same way, change will never happen. This morning I am so grateful that I don't have to live each moment of my life by myself. Today I admit again, that  I am powerLESS but praise the Father that change and growth is possible because He is powerFUL! #21Days Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent