Here Comes The Best Part

You are gonna love this movie! Ever been to a movie that someone else has already seen and they are right there with you experiencing the movie with you? It can be frustrating sometimes with the "are you watching?Watch this part...or oh I love this part." Sometimes I just need to be able to experience the great movie the same way you did and not be spoon fed line by line. When we have experienced something great, we want so badly for others to as well but sometimes this can be a negative. I want to experience the process of watching the entire film the way others did. In recovery this can happen too. I want so badly for people to experience what I have and ultimately can just get in the way of what God is trying to do. It is frustrating when people close to me need help so desperately but they just refuse to take the steps toward freedom. This can be discouraging but I am reminded thru the years in working with lots of hurting people that I can't make people recover. Kind of a duh moment but when we are in the moment sometimes it is easy to lose sight of this truth.  Someone once said,  “You cannot push anyone up the ladder unless he is willing to climb." I have learned the phrase, "I cannot want this more than you do my friend." If I am doing all the work in someone's recovery and they are relying on me to do so, I am doing them an injustice. My recovery is my battle to be fought in unison with the Lord. Then the people God places around me are a compliment and encouragement to what work I am already doing with the Lords help. I have learned that prayer is an important part of the process. Keep praying for them and when they are ready, they will reach out. Let's let them experience the process like we have.  “I have faith that God is living out a divine plan through me. Have faith in God."Mark 11:22 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent