Thankful For A Praying Wife

Do you hear the whispers? Many years ago when my son was very young, he had a really high fever. I was not aware but my wife Carol's motherly instincts told her to go check on him in the middle of the night. So glad she did cause his fever had spiked & was so high. His little body was letting off incredible heat. My wife gave him medicine and took care of him. Here was what was so special for me to witness as a dad and husband though.  My wife was leaning over our son Jason, with her face close to his as he slept. She was whispering desperate prayers to our Father in a scary situation. This was not just a simple prayer but a lengthy conversational prayer with our Father.  I will never forget the joy and excitement my wife had when she came back into the bedroom and awoke me. With tears in her eyes, she shared what had happened with his fever spiking and how she had prayed. Then she told me that his fever broke and he was sweating! Wow! What a gift from the Father.  What a gift to have a wife that believes in prayer and then has the discipline to act on it. Someone once said, “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do."  So glad she applied that knowledge to pray to our Father.  I imagine a picture of our Father whispering His love over my son and wife that night. I am sure He had great appreciation to be hearing from His beloved daughter. “Take delight in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."Psalms 37:4 Keep on praying friends. The Father loves to hear from His kids in good and bad times. Please pray now for a dear friends son, Chatan that has had a high fever for days now. I am thankful for the opportunity to pray for others in need. #21DAYS Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent