Not Walking Alone

"I can do this all by myself thank you! If I was strong I wouldn't need anyone to help me. I just need to pull myself up by the boot straps and make it happen." Ever thought any those thoughts? I sure have and they only lead me to isolation and disappointment. The fact is I need people in my life and that is what community is all about. We need Christ AND each other.  Christ did not intend for me to face daily battles alone. I have Him and those He places in my life. He is working thru those men and women to help me face daily battles. “When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion."  In the same way, when we as a forever family unite in Christ we can tie up the enemy and accomplish big things for the Kingdom. By myself, I am weak. I can't even tell you the number of times I have seen and experienced for myself being in those tough times and having people to reach out to.  I am learning that loneliness is a choice in my life. Thru CR I have learned that my pride can get in the way and keep me from experiencing His blessings thru others He puts in my path.  When I look up and no one is around, it's usually cause I have pulled back and isolated from those in my life.  Sometimes its due to a thick mask of pride and unwillingness to ask for help. I have to take the first step and sometimes it's putting myself in community even when it feels awkward. "(When pride comes) the stuck up fall flat on their faces, but down-to-earth people stand firm."Prove11:2 MSG I thank God for His strength to endure and how He works thru the many down to earth people He puts in my life to walk along side me in this crazy life. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent